Seed Survivor Classroom Kits
Nutrien's Seed Survivor Program is now available through a Classroom Kit and Virtual Learning Experience!
This interactive learning experience encourages children in GRADES 2-5 to master the elements that plants need to grow.
Register online to request a Seed Survivor Kit for your classroom.
Seed Survivor is a free, curriculum-based, agricultural program for elementary students with a focus on Grades 2-5. After participating in the Seed Survivor Program, students leave with an understanding that plants need water, light, healthy soil, and nutrients to survive. They also learn about where their food comes from and the importance of agriculture to their daily lives. All participants get to plant a sunflower seed to take home and grow!
- Curriculum Connections: Next Generation Science Standards that are met by teaching the Seed Survivor lessons in grades 2-5.
- Flexible lesson plans and student activities included online for the Virtual Learning Experience*.
- Additional in-class and eLearning activities, games, videos, posters, recipes, and more for Grades 1-6 are available on the website: www.SeedSurvivor.com.
Note: Print or online options available for Classroom Kit activities.
In the Kit
- Seed Survivor cup and lids for up to 30 students
- Giganteus sunflower seeds
- Teacher poster thank you gift
- Printed media card to help with accessing the materials online
Teachers will be responsible for providing soil for the planting activity. Soil recommendations are included in the Lesson Plan.
Note: Due to the high demand for Seed Survivor we will be unable to meet all requests.
Contact: Morgan at Morgan@LearnAboutAg.org.